Building Construction Technology
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment or advanced training in the building construction industry.
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Architecture & Construction career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning, and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Architecture & Construction career cluster.
The content includes but is not limited to developing skills in various construction trades, as well as providing a foundation in construction management.
- Carpenter Helper
- Rough Construction Carpentry
- Finish Carpentry
- Construction/Form Building
- Drywall Installer
- Ground Maintenance Worker
This industry is expected to grow 25% through the year 2022.
The average wage and salary earnings of building construction are $39,940 annually or $19.20 per hour.
Location and Hours:
- Miami Coral Park Adult Education Center (Certificate – 1050 Hours)
- South Dade Technical College (Certificate – 1050 Hours)
- Southwest Adult Education Center (Certificate – 1050 Hours)
- W.H Turner Technical Arts Adult Education Center (Certificate – 1050 Hours)