Technology Support Services
The technology support services program is an entry-level information technology program combining both lecture and hands-on training in the areas of computer hardware, operating systems, and networking technologies.
This program offers computer technology support training The content includes practical experiences with the latest software titles, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills.
Technology support services typically do the following:
- Test and evaluate existing network systems
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure that networks operate correctly
- Troubleshoot local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems
Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 12 percent from 2014 to 2024.
The average annual wage for network and computer systems administrators is $45,970, or $22.10 hourly.
Location and Hours:
- Miami Senior Adult Education Center (Certificate – 150 Hours)
- North Miami Adult Education Center (Certificate – 150 Hours)